Amarkantak Hill Station, Places to Visit in Amarkantak
Amarkantak is a prevalent religious spot lies in the middle of the magnificent Satpura and Vindhya ranges at an altitude of 1065 m above the sea level. Also called as Tirthraj which means King of Pilgrimages, this lovely town is wrapped up the impeccableness of an excellent sylvan encompassing. Amarkantak is the wellspring of Narmada and Sone Rivers and is similarly a unique area. The serene atmosphere and most enchanting surroundings pulls in countless devotees and vacationers consistently.
Activities: Hiking and Pilgrims Sighting
Best Places to Visit:
1. Narmada Udgam Complex: Narmada Udgam is a temple or a popular sacred centre for Hindus lies at the source of the River Narmada. The temple is sacrosanct spot that houses numerous little holy places.
2. Ancient Temples of Kalachuri Period: Located exactly at the back of the Narmada Kund towards the south, the Ancient Temples of Kalachuri Period were implicit somewhere around 1042 and 1072 AD by Kalachuri Maharaja Karunadeva. The design of these temples is extremely beautiful and includes the Machhendranath Temple and Pataleshwar Mahadev Temple.
3. Kapil Dhara: Kapil Dhara is a sparkling waterfall named after the sage Kapil Muni who is thought to have meditated at this spot. Encompassed by lavish green environs, it is one of the non-religious attractions situated at a height of 100 ft.
4. Shri Sarvodaya Digambar Jain Temple: Shri Sarvodaya Digambar Jain Temple is an important place of religious fascination located at the inception Point of Narmada River known as the Narmada Kund. The architectural design of this temple cum shrine is beyond someone imagination and is renowned for unique reveres for the universes from the Gods and Gandharvas that additionally show the heavenly creatures to Asuras or evil presences and obviously Saints and sages are just worshiped because of them accomplishing the soul of profound powers.
5. Kabir Chabutra: Situated close to Amarkantak, Kabir Chabutra is spot famous after holy person Kabir who is believed to be accomplished deliverance here.
Some other great attractions are: Maa ki Bagiya, Shiv Chaturdashi, Sonemuda etc.
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year