Aritar Hill Station
Favored with a stunning view of Khangchendzonga, Aritar is an unmistakable hill station situated at the strides of Himalayan Mountain Range. The Place is enveloped with rich woods, clearing paddy fields, delightful scene and serene lakes which makes it a picture perfect destination. For those looking for nature and an entirely peaceful vacation, this place is a good stop for them. There are astonishing lakes, ancient exhibition halls and galleries, legacy structures and pleasant destinations in the town that attracts voyagers from everywhere.
Activities: Trekking, Sightseeing, Boating, Adventure sports, Bird watching etc.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Lampokhari: Lampokhari Lake is among the major tourist attraction in Sikkim located at a heigth of 4600 ft above the sea level. Initially, the lake was one of the oldest natural lakes found in the region and later on to facilitate the activites like boating and other, the lake was converted into artificial lake.
2. Aritar Gumpa: Aritar Gumpa is an embodiment of traditional design belongs to Kagyupa order of Tibetan Buddhism. It is among one of the most ancient monasteries in Sikkim and known for its architectural brilliance which makes this place an absolute necessity visit for anybody visiting East Sikkim.
3. Phushrey Lake: Phushrey Lake is located in the midst lavish green forests is in fact a heaven for nature darlings. Boasts wide variety of butterflies and wild orchids around the lake, the Phushrey Lake is honored with natural greatness. The lovely impression of the old log in the lake is a visual feast to eyes.
4. Mankhim Temple: Makhim temple is the temple dating back during the time of Rai origin who believes in the love of nature. known for the stones that encompasses the temple which have the foot impressions of elephants on them.
5. Dak Bunglow: Prevalently called as the Ari-Bangla, the Dak Bungalow is known for its British design. Amid the British rule in India, this well known site was built by Sir James Claude White who was the main political officer of Sikkim.
Some other places to visit to here are: Parbateyswar Shivalaya Mandir, Ever green nursery & Ram Gauri Sangrhalaya, Nirmal Dham, Kali Khola Falls, Changey Waterfall etc.
Best Season to Visit: March till May