Chopta Hill Station
Chopta, also known as Mini Switzerland, is a small picturesque hamlet located in the midst of dense forest at a height of 2700 meters. Surrounded by lush vegetation, rich wildlife, thick forests of deodar, pine and rhododendrons, the village of Chopta is an excellent getaway for trekking. Chopta is also a perfect destination for those who are in search of tranquility away from the buzzing of the city. Lying in the lap of nature, Chopta is undoubtedly a heavenly place to spend holidays leisurely.
Activities: Trekking and Nature Walks
Best Places to Visit:
1. Chandrashila: Surrounded by thick forests of pine, deodar and rhododendrons, the Chandrashila summit is an all season trek known for its amazing scenes. Along with it, the Chandrashila Summit trek is regarded as to be one of the moderate treks in the Indian Himalayan area.
2. Tungnath Temple: Tungnath, situated at a height of 3680 meters, is one of the holiest Shiva Temple and is the most elevated temple of Lord Shiva. The glimpse of surrounding regions from here offers hypnotized profound eternality. The holiness of the area of Tungnath is viewed unsurpassed.
3. Gopeshwar: Gopeshwar at an altitude of 1500 meters above the sea level is known for its profound importance that draws huge number of travelers consistently. With normal excellence and fresh and tranquil air, Gopeshwar is an understood vacationer spots and religious center situated in the town.
4. Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary: Kanchula Korak Musk Deer Sanctuary is one of the most prevalent tourist spot located in the region. The Sanctuary is home to some of the rare and endangered species of Himalayan wildlife and is known for breeding musk deer.
5. Ukhimath: Ukhimath at a height of 1317 meters above the sea level is home to Lord kedarnath and Madhyamaheshwar. The spot is a perfect spot for the individuals who are searching for some leisurely get-aways far from the hustle and bustle of the city. This perfect area known for its antiquated temples devoted to Usha, Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati, Mandhata and Aniruddha.
Best Time To Visit:
Summers: April to June
Winters: October to December
Snow trekking: Jan to March