Igatpuri Hill Station
Igatpuri is a little pleasant hill station which serves as an ideal getaway and encompassed by the splendorous Western Ghats or the Sahyadris.The hill station is home to Vipassana International Academy of Meditation and subsequently is a perfect destination for a quiet and mitigating get-away. During rainy season, this hill spot wakes up with many waterfalls around the zone.
Activities: Trekking, White Water Rafting, Meditating and many more.
Best Places to Visit:
1. The Vipassana International Academy: The Vipassana Internation Academy also popularized by the name of Dhamma Gori is a center of meditation at Igatpuri. A meditation course of 10 days long with a gathering of upto 600 people per course is conducted by this academy.
2. Tringalwadi Fort: Tringalwadi Fort lies in the midst of Sahyadri hill range at an elevation of 3,000 ft above the sea level and has its own past glory and stories to tell. Though the current status of the fort is not that much good but it still reflects its old charm. The Fort is one of the major tourist attractions in the vicinity and houses a small temple devoted to Lord Hanuman.
3. Bhatsa River Valley: The Bhatsa River Valley is another beguiling spot that offers you some assistance with unwinding and spend a couple of minutes in supreme peacefulness.
4. Vaitaran Dam: Built in 1950 on the Vaitarna River, the Vaitarna Dam is the main source of water and power for individuals living in significant parts of the Mumbai city. Additionally, it is a popular tourist destination.
5. Avandha Fort: Renowned for beautifully carved rock-cut caves and water tanks, the Avandha Fort is located in the Sahyadri hill range at an elevation of 4,300 ft above ocean level and showcase its particular hugeness. The fort can be reached easily by trekking from Kadwa Colony and Girwadi.
Some other great attraction in the vicinity includes: Ghantadevi Temple, Kalsubai, Igatpuri Lakes etc.
Best Season to Visit: January to March and October to December