Karjat Hill Station
Karjat is a famous getaway far away from the clamor and contamination of the city gives serene environment. This small hill station is situated at a height of 636 ft in the Konkan coast in the foothills of Matheran and ends up being a magnificent destination for the exhausted city occupants. Stacked with superb hills, meandering rivers, rich greenery, stunning waterfalls and other tranquil spots, Karjat is quiet and pristine, which makes it extremely prevalent among sightseers.
Activities: Rappelling, River rafting, Trekking, Hiking and Mountain climbing
Best Places to Visit:
1. Chanderi: Chanderi is one amongst the most distinguished fortresses in the region inspite of the fact that there is no critical history connected to this stronghold. Close to the caverns on the fortress are unmistakable a few remainders of stronghold. This is the main sign to assign Chanderi as a fortification.
2. Kondheshwar Temple: Known for its wonderful design, the Kondeshwar Temple is located near the Kondeshwar Waterfalls is a little and grand excursion spot. Besides temple, there is a lake named Kondeshwar Lake which is shaped by Bhoj Dam.
3. Ulhas Valley: Ulhas Valley is a beautiful spot that offers picturesque and lovely view to travelers making them visit this spot again and again.
4. Kondana Caves: Kondana Caves are wonderfully cut rock-cut antiquated Buddhist caves and attracts travelers, pilgrims and vacationers all around the world. These cavess are made out from a single rock arranged at the base of a waterfall.
5. Bhor Ghat: The Backdrop of the Bhor Ghat is one of the primary attractions of Karjat. The untainted environment of this town attracts numerous nature darlings throughout the year.
Some other great tourist places are: Peth Fort, Bahiri Caves etc.
Best Season to Visit: July to October