Khandala Hill Station
Khandala is one of the most scenic, pleasant and lovely hill station situated in the Western Ghat at the edge of the radiant Sahyadris at an elevation of around 625 m. Khandala connected with Lonavala is an exceptionally well known hangout, honeymoon and tourist destination from the people all around the world. Apart, this delightful hill station is likewise a prevalent getaway between the vacationers from Mumbai and Pune. The excellence of this beautiful hill station reflects from its meandering waterfalls, amazing lakes and pleasant scene.
Activities: Hiking, Trekking, Shopping and Rock Climbing.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Rajmachi Fort: Rajmachi Fort is situated in the hills of Sahyadri at an atitude of 2710 ft over the sea level. Rajmachi two sustained structures are the Shrivardhan fort and Manoranjan fort. During monsoon this spot is loaded with radiant waterfalls and greenery. Camping and Trekking are popular here.
2. Tiger’s Leap: Tiger’s Leap is a delightful visitor point which got its name from that of a tiger jumping into the valley like presence. The panoramic surrounding, shimmering waterfalls and wonderful landscape attracts many visitors throughout the year.
3. Duke’s Nose: Duke’s Nose named after Duke Wellington is a vantage point for watching the picturesque surroundings around. It is likewise a prominent spot for outdoor activity like Rock Climbing for adventure lovers.
4. Karla Caves: The Buddhist Caves are beautifully carved caves known for its amazing architecture which was built during the Satavahanas rule at around 2000 years ago. Renowned for the maximum number of Chaityas, the Karla Caves is one among the popular traveler destinations in the region.
5. Reversing Station: The Reversing Station is one of the pleasant destinations of the hill station. Previously, it was used as a railway department. At present, this spot is an unused spot and serves as a popular hangout destination among vacationers.
Other popular places to visit are: Tikona Fort, Korigad Fort, Bhushi Lake, Sunset Point etc.
Best Time to Visit: October to May