Kodaikanal Hill Station
Kodaikanal, at an elevation of around 2133 m is situated in a region of stone bluffs, forested valleys, lakes, waterfalls and green valleys, is among the most well known hill stations and is a paradise for honeymooners. Likewise called as ‘the Princess of Hill Stations’, Kodaikanal with its tremendous rocks, serene woods, dazzling lake and inebriating air, it is a perfect hill resort for the visitors from everywhere.
Activities: Trekking, Nature Walk and Boating
Best Places to Visit:
1. Berijam Lake: Berijam Lake is a pleasant site enveloped with rich greenery and is home to wide variety of wildlife and vegetation. One can enter the spot strictlyafter taking the consent from the forest department. At this spot, there are limited number of vehicles permitted.
2. Devil’s Kitchen: The Devil’s Kitchen is a hazardous profound concealed ravine situated between Pillar Rocks and Green Valley View. This kitchen looks like little dark drains yet is a profound fall. Because of some heartbreaking happenings that occurred here, the Devil’s Kitchen is profoundly protected now, and guests can see segments of the caves structure from a distance.
3. Pillar Rock: Pillar Rock at a height of around 400 ft from the ground are basically three granite boulders that are standing vertically shoulder to shoulder and offers elevated perspective of the encompassing wonderful vistas.
4. Coakers Walk: Coakers Walk is a 1 kilometer long passage built on the slopes of a hillock. It is among the most picturesque spots found in India.
5. Green Valley View: Green Valley View, once in the past known as suicide point, is known for the stunning view it offers of the mountains. It has a surmised 5000 feet drop from the top.
Some other places to visit here are: Kodaikanal Solar Observatory, Bryant Park, Kurinjiandavar Temple, Kodaikanal Lake etc.
Best Time To Visit: April to June and August to September