Kolli Hill Station
Kolli Hills or Kollimalai Hills at a height of around 1,300 m above the sea level is a magnificent mountain-range situated on the Eastern Ghats. Kolli Hills offers a captivating view of flat topped table from the plain of Namakkal. This hill station attracts vacationers from all around the world by its characteristic excellence. Voyagers in huge number comes here to escape from the buzzing of the city and to relax at the magnificence of nature.
Activities: Trekking and Hiking
Best Places to Visit:
1. Akasa Ganga Waterfalls: Akasa Gangai is one of the major tourist attraction found at Kolli Hills. This waterfall is situated near Arapaleeswarar temple and is an enchanting 300 feet waterfall of Aiyaru River. Surrounded by the mountains from all side, Akasa Gangai is a highly recommended destination during the trip to Kolli Hills.
2. Arapaleeswarar Temple: Arapaleeswarar temple is an ancient temple which has its own historic stories to tell. The temple is situated close to Akasa Gangai and is devoted to Lord Shiva who is the main deity of this temple.
3. Ariyur Solai, Selur, Vazhvandi Nadu and Puliansolai: Ariyur Solai, Selur, Vazhvandi Nadu and Puliansolai are the reserved forests known for its wide variety of rich flora and fauna. The major inhabitats of the forests are wild dogs, porcupines and black bear.
4. Boat House: Boat House at Vasalurpatty is a standout amongst the most lovely spot with little island in the lake enveloped with colossal rocks and greenery on all sides. Tourists in a large number visit this spot to take the pleasure of boating and to enjoy natural beauty.
5. View Point: View Point is an another point of attraction in the locale located at Selurnadu and at Seekuparai. The view of surrounding region up from Selurnadu View Point is breathtakingly beautiful. This view point was developed by State Government to to encourage tourism.
Some other tourist destinations here are: Botanical Gardens, Mini Falls, Masila Falls, Sikku Parai etc.
Best Season to Visit: Throughout the year