Kurseong Hill Station
Kurseong, locally known as Kharsang (signifies ‘Place that is known for white orchids’), is a pleasant hill town situated at a height of 1458 meters in the midst lush greenery, beautiful tea estates, excellent hill slopes, rich vegetation and thick timberlands. Earlier, the hill town of Kurseong was not that much famous. Actually, Kurseong picked up popularity in August 1880 when the Government extended services of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway (DHR) Toy Train to Kurseong. From that point forward, Kurseong is a noteworthy fascination in the state and pulls enormous number of vacationers consistently.
Activities: Trekking, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Hot Air Ballooning, Water Rafting and Tea Garden Walks.
Best Places to visit:
1. Galingka: Constructed during the British period, Galingka is one of the prominent tourist attractions located in the midst of lush greenery and enchanting mountain ranges with mount Kanchenjunga as a beautiful backdrop.
2. Deer Park: Located in the Dow Hill region, the Deer Park is a standout amongst the major tourist attractions and known for its huge number of deer population. The view of the surroundings is itself a feast to eyes.
3. Eagle’s Crag: Eagle’s Crag is a famous view point to get the astonishing view of hills, villages, rolling slopes and mountains. The point also provides enchanting view of Siliguri hills and plains.
4. Buddhist Gompas: To know about the Buddhist culture deeply, Buddhist Gompas is an ideal place in the town and provides peace of mind. These are the Buddhist monasteries and attracts pilgrims, devotees and tourists again and again.
5. Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Museum: The Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum is a famous place to visit. The Museum is dedicated to former freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose and has all the little things related to Netaji. Earlier, it was the home of Netaji’s elder brother which then converted into a museum
Some other major tourist destinations here are: Deer Park, Forest Museum, Chimney, Samco Ropeway, Teesta Bazaar etc.
Best Time to Visit: March to mid June & September to December