Lonavala Hill Station
Lonavala, a stunning hill station situated at an altitude of 620 m above the sea level, is a noteworthy stop-over in the middle of Mumbai and Pune. Lonavala is a destination perfect in all aspects, whether it comes to honeymoon, picnic, hangout, offbeat party and many other. Loaded with waterfalls, lakes and greenery, the city of Lonavala along with Khandala are twin hill stations and attracts numerous tourists throughout the year especially during the rainy season.
Activities: Trekking, Camping, Nature Walk and Shopping.
Best Places To Visit:
1. Valvan Dam: Valvan Dam is a popular evening picnic spot and has a beautiful garden at its foot. The Dam is the principle source of water to the Khopoli Hydroelectricity Water Plant at the foothills of Sahyadris, and consequently feeds from River Kundali. Surrounded with a picturesque scene, Valvan Dam is an immaculate spot for peace lovers and comfort seekers.
2. Lion’s Point: Lion’s Point, situated near Lonavala is a popular spot filled with various waterfalls on the face of the hills especially at the time of rains. The scenic and magnificent view from here leaves an everlasting impact on the heart of its every guest.
3. Ryewood Park: Ryewood Park, at first a botanical garden, is spread over a region of 25 acres of land and still holds the charm of some of the old trees and rare blooms of that time. Named after Mr. Rye, the Ryewood Park is swarmed with towering trees and lined with vivid, rare blooms and offers abundant chance to just laze and unwind.
4. Celebrity Wax Museum: Celebrity Wax Museum is India’s first wax museum and is among the most contemporary and maybe the most unique of Lonavala Museums. The Celebrity Wax Museum is to a great extent saw as a rip-off of the Madame Tussaud Museum in London. The Museum was opened up in 2005, and since then serving every one of its visitors at its best.
5. Bhushi Dam: Bhushi Dam is a prevalent hot-spot and is a weekend destination to appreciate cool water, warm daylight and the vibes of nature. During rainy season, the day guests are able to make joyful.
Some other great attractions are: Kumar Water park, Lonavala Lake, Go Karting etc.
Best Time To Visit: October to March