Mahabaleshwar Hill Station, Places to Visit in Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar, at the time of British rule was the Summer capital of Bombay Presidency and now is a standout amongst the most tremendous, extraordinary and bountiful spots and the biggest of Maharashtra hill stations. Stacked with beautiful scene, thick forests and rich vegetation, the city attracts every one of its guest through a blend of old era charm, modernity and unblemished excellence.
Activities: Boating, Fishing, and Pony riding.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Pratapgad Fort: Constructed by Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the fort of Pratapgad is a mountain fort stands affirmation to the significance of the Maratha King. Presently a famous vacationer destination, the fort holds a strong perspective of coastal Konkan.
2. Venna Lake: Venna Lake is one of the popular vacation destinations built in 1842 by Shri Appasaheb Maharaj, the ruler of Satara. Covering an total area of 28 acres, the lake is surrounded by lavish greenery and blossoming blooms. Activities like boating and horse riding is likewise available here.
3. Tapola: Tapola, locally known as Mini Kashmir, is a small town located down the Tapola Ghat in the Koyna valley on the great backwaters of the Triveni Sangam of the Solshi, Koyna and the Kandhari River. The town is explored by various sightseers because of the serenity and the wonder of the Shivsagar Lake again and again.
4. The Mahabaleshwar Temple: Built in the early sixteenth century by Chanda Rao More, the Mahabaleshwar Temple, otherwise called Mahabali is yet another lovely example of Maratha legacy of Mahabaleshwar. The temple is composed with the South Indian Hemadanta style of architecture.
5. Elephant’s Head Point: Elephant’s Head Point is treat to those eyes who wants to to witness natural creativity of nature. The formation of rock here get sets in a way to resemble the appearence like a elephant’s trunk and head.
Some other great attractions are: Panchganga Mandir, Catholic Church, Conaught peak, Morarji Castle, Wilson Point, Waterfalls, Kate’s Point etc.
Best Time To Visit: October to May