Mussoorie Hill Station
Mussoorie, additionally known as the Queen of Hill Stations, is a captivating hill resort with its lush greneery and varied fauna and flora. Situated at an altitude of 2000 meters, Mussoories is amongst the frequently explored hill stations in India and provide mesmerizing view of entire Doon valley and snow capped Himalayas. The town was once said to display a “fairyland” environment to visitor. It is a most loved destination among honeymooners, vacationers, tourist, adventure enthusiasts, photographers and is a flawless spot to enjoy nature.
Activities: Paragliding, Boating, Trout Fishing, Roller Skating, Trekking, Wildlife Sighting, Nature Walks, Zip Lines, Sky Bridge , Sky Walk, Valley Crossing, Zip Swing, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Camping and ATV Adventure.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Kempty Falls: Kempty Falls is amongst the most visited tourist spot located in the region. Falling from a height of 40 feet, it is a stunning waterfall which offers various water sport activities and is a popular picnicking and hangout destination.
2. Lal Tibba: Lal Tibba is an another major tourist destination in the town with an elevation of around 2290 meters above the sea level. It is the highest peak of the region and known for the beautiful surrounding view it offers.
3. The Mall: Representing the colonial style of architecture, the Mall road is one of the popular tourist spots located at Mussoorie. The Mall road Mussoorie houses a 100 year old Methodist church along with numerous hotels, shopping points, eating outs and many more.
4. Municipal Garden: Municipal Garden, otherwise called as Company Bagh, is a beautifully designed and decorated botanical garden with a small lake, thousand of flowers and an amusement park. The Garden is managed by the Garden Welfare Association. Tourist and locals in huge number comes everyday to enjoy the beauty of this enchanting spot.
5. Gun Hill: Since pre-independence, Gun Hill with its significant historical importance is amongst the most visited tourist spots located in Mussoorie. It is said that at that time every afternoon the cannon was fired from this place at a fix time.
Some other major tourist spots in Mussoorie are: Library Bazaar, Cloud’s End, Camel’s Back Road, Mussoorie Lake, and Christ Church etc.
Best Time To Visit: The city can be seen anytime between April to June and from September to November.