Nainital Hill Station, Places to Visit in Nainital
Nainital, famously known as the Lake District of India, is a pearl in the state of uttarakhand. It is one of the biggest towns and hill resorts found in the Kumaon region and offers a spectacular and perfect Mother nature. Situated at a height of around 2000 meters, Nainital gets its name from the well known Naini Lake. Favored with natural excellence, charming surroundings, amazing lakes, the hill station of Nainital attracts various inbound and outbound vacationers again and again towards its unending magnificence.
Activities: Trekking, Wildlife Sighting, Nature walks, Horse Riding, Boatind & Yatching, Rock Climbing and Camping.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Nainital Lake: Nainital Lake, also called as Naini Lake, is the major attraction of Nainital. Divided into two parts Mallital and Tallital, the Naini Lake is trusted to be the place where Lord Shiva performed tandava. It is favorite pastime of every age group where boating activity is also available.
2. Naina Devi Temple: Naina Devi is a standout amongst the most adored heavenly shrine of Goddess “Naini Devi” and is believed to be the spot where the eyes (naina) of the Goddess are accepted to have fallen, when Lord Shiva carried her body. Thousand of Devotees comes here everyday to offers their requests to goddess and to get the peace of mind.
3. The Mall Road: The Mall Road Nainital is an another major tourist paradise here. Renamed as Goving Ballabh Pant Marg, the Mall Road is dotted with many hotels, shops, restaurents and many others. In the evening, the scenery of this beautiful place provide feast to eyes.
4. Naina Peak: Naina Peak, locally known as Cheena or China Peak, is the highest peak in Nainital with an altitude of 2615 meters above the sea level. From here, the view of entire valley is just spell bound. It is also a famous trekking spot found in the region.
5. Tiffin Top: Tiffin Top, also known as Dorothy’s seat, was named after an English painter Dorothy Kellet. It is a famous view point which offers some of the best view of Himalayas.
Some other major attraction of the city includes: Gurney House, Pt. G.B. Pant High Altitude Zoo, St. John In The Wilderness, Eco Cave Gardens, Snow View, Land’s End, Kilbury Bird Sanctuary etc.
Best Time To Visit: March to November
Winter: December to January
Summer: March to June is very pleasant weather this is best time for sightseeing and enjoying adventure.