Pachmarhi Hill Station, Places to Visit in Pachmarhi
Pachmarhi also known as Satpura ki Rani (“Queen of Satpura”) is a flawless hill destination encircled by the Satpura ranges. The hill station is arranged at a tallness of 1100 m in a valley of the Satpura Range that offers stunning serenity. Pachmarhi is all that much thankful to Captain Forsyth (British officer) for the overall development of this beautiful and serene hill town. Pachmarhi has now been refurbished into a lovely hospice and thereafter to a hill stoppage.
Activities: Trekking, Biking, Hiking, Cycling, Nature & Wildlife Sighting and Swimming.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Priyadarshini(Forsyth Point): In 1857, Captain Forsyth found Pachmarhi from this vantage point. The British created Pachmarhi as a resort and the image of which is still reflected in the form of its churches and colonial design of architecture.
2. Handi Khoh: Handi Khoh is an adorable gift of nature with breathtaking panorama and is unequivocally associated with the myths and endowments of Lord Shiva. It is a standout amongst the most delightful ravines in Central India situated in the modst of thich firests at an altitude of 300 ft and is well known for its tranquility and its old-world appeal.
3. Bee Falls: Bee Falls additionally called as Jamuna Prapat is a standout amongst the most beautiful waterfalls of the town that streams into the valley and gives drinking water to Pachmarhi. The sedating sound of this waterfall is a wonderful experience in itself.
4. Pandava Caves: During the time of outcast of Pandavas, these caves were accepted as a home by the Pandavas. These eminent five caves are cut out of sandstone rock and is situated on a hillock. Amongst all the five caves, ‘Draupadi Kuti’ is the cleanest and the ventilated one.
5. Apsara Vihar: Located near Pandav Caves, Apsara Vihar or Fairy Pool is a naturally formed pool with an excellent and little waterfall. The 30 feet high waterfall shapes a shallow pool, which is a prominent outing spot among local people and in addition voyagers. The spot is point of fascination for swimmers and divers.
Some other great places to witness in the vicinity are: Prapat, Jalawataran, Sunder Kund, Mahadeo, Chauragarh, Doopgarh and many more.
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year.