Ranikhet Hill Station, Places to Visit in Ranikhet
Ranikhet is one of the most scenic hill stations amidst eminent Himalayan surroundings. The hill town of Ranikhet is loaded with lavish greenery, peaceful surroundings, tall coniferous trees, incomprehensible green meadows and kind-warmhearted people. With lovely atmosphere, impeccable peace and warm, Ranikhet is without any doubt has its own particular powerful appearance. Literally the meaning of word “Ranikhet” is Queen’s meadow and the presence of this place is exactly like its name.
Activities: Trekking, Nature Walks, Golfing, Rock Climbing, Rappelling and Fishing
Best Places To Visit:
1. Jhula Devi temple: Jhula Devi Temple is an ancient temple of nearly 700 years old. Devoted to a form of Goddess Durga, the present temple complex was built back in 1935. The magnificient beauty provide a special peace of mind to every one of its devotee.
2. Rani Jheel: Rani Jheel is among the major tourist locations present in the region. Constructed in between two natural ridges of Kendriya Vidyalaya and Canossa Convent School by Cantonment board, Rani Jheel is a large artificial man-made lake used for rain water harvesting.
3. Chaubatia: Chaubatia Garden is a beautiful orchard laden situated at an altitude of 1800 meters above the sea level and is surrounded by magnificent Himalayas view. The Garden boasts more than 200 varieties of flowers and fruits spread in an area of 600 acres of land. Chaubatia Garden is a highly recommended visit during the trip to Ranikhet.
4. Bhalu Dam: Developed by British Government in 1903, Bhalu Dam is a picturesque artificial man-made lake adorned in the reserved forest, The lake was made to fulfil the water requirements and offers amazing views of Himalayas range. At present, Bhalu Dam is a popular picnicking and hangout spot.
5. Upat And Kalika: Upat is yet another major tourist destination famous for offering the enchanting view of snow-covered Himalayan peaks. Uapt is also famous for the highest golf course which comes under Army area situated close to Upat Kalika temple. Locals and tourists are also allowed here to enjoy the game of golf at nomial fee.
Some other great attractions include: Mankameshwar Temple, Haidakhan Babaji Temple, Hairakhan Dham , Cantonment Aashiyana Park, Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum and Memorial etc.
Best Time To Visit: September to November and again from April to June