Shillong Hill Station
Shillong, oftenly called as the Scotland of India, is the capital city of Meghalaya situated at a height of 1.496 meters. The Britishers has an extraordinary warmth to this spot and this affection thusly let them set up it as a Capital for Eastern Bengal and Assam in view of its atmosphere and novel geographical elements. In northeast, Shillong is eminent for its amazing perspectives, romantic air and is a standout amongst the most vital visitor destinations which attracts various vacationers everywhere throughout the world.
Activities: Rappelling, Boating, Campfire Trails, Trekking etc.
Best Places To Visit:
1. Shillong Peak: Shillong Peak is one of the most visited tourist spots in Shillong which offers stunning view of the panoramic surroundings. Being located at a height of 1,965 mts, Shillong Peak os worth a visit while in Shillong.
2. Umiam Lake: Umiam Lake, also known as Big Water or Barapani, is a lovely lake and a perfect vacationer destination to enjoy different water sports activities like yachting, kayaking, water cycling, paddle boating, scooting and numerous other. The spot has a Lumu Nehru Park, another spot of fun.
3. Shillong Golf Course: Gleneagles of the East is one of the largest golf courses in Asia at the United States Golf Association Museum. Being one of a few natural golf courses in Asia, it is a standout amongst the most looked for after outing spots.
4. Butterfly Museum: Butterfly Museum is one of the popular spots among bird lovers to visit rare species of butterflies and moths. The Museum boasts more than 1600 species proved out to be whole new experience.
5. Elephant Falls: Surrounded by lush green vegetation, the Elephant Falls is an ideal picnic spot and offers beautiful sight of the encompassed region. This spot attracts huge number of tourists everyday.
Some other great attractions of the city are: Wards Lake, Cathedral of Mary Help of Christian, and Archery in Shillong etc.
Best Season to Visit: Throughout the year