Sirumalai hill Station
Sirumalai Hill at a height of 1600 meters above the sea level is a popular hill station enveloped with thick forests. Equivalent to small Hill, Sirumalai is situated on the Eastern Ghats and boasts vast variety of vegetation and wildlife. Great scenery, wonderful atmosphere, foggy days, cool temperature, beautiful manors and meandering streets makes this hill station a popular getaway among vacationers.
Activities: Trekking and Hiking
Best Places to Visit:
1. Annai Velankanni Church: Annai Velankanni Church is a place of fascination located on the top of the hill at a slope. The site is popular for ‘Our Lady of Good Health’ festival which held every year during the month of September.
2. Sanjeevani Hills: Sanjeevani Hills is a popularly known since the time of Ramayana, when Lord Hanuman to cure Laxman, brings this entire hill on his hand which has a great herbal medicinal importance. When coming back to Sr Lanka with the hill, a piece of it fell down here and since then it came to be called as Sirumalai.
3. Sirumalai Lake: The Sirumalai Lake is one of the most popularly known destination at Sirumalai. It is an artificially made man-made lake and attrats a lot of visitors towards it.
4. Khandige Estate: Encompassed by thick forests, the Khandige Estate is a place known popularly for wild animals. This place has a series of waterfalls and has its own charm.
5. Kottai Mariamman temple: A 200 year old temple, the Kottai Mariamman Temple is an ancient temple and pulls huge number of devotees to offer their prayers all around the year. Mariamman is the main deity of this temple.
Some of the major tourist attractions are: Selvi Koil Point, Saathiyar basin, Vellimalai Temple etc.
Best Season to visit: Throughout the year