Amboli is a popular yet scenic hill station forms the southern range of the Sahyadri Hills. The hill station is situated at a tallness of 690 m over the sea level and gives a fine bird’s-eye perspective of the Konkan coast. A British political called Colonel Westrop made a noteworthy contribution to the improvement of Amboli as a hill station which offers an entertaining and reviving change of spot.
Activities: Trekking, Rock climbing, Angling, Bird-watching and Camping.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Amboli Falls: Amboli Falls is a prevalent spot of vacation destination which is particularly dazzling amid the rainy season. The Spot attracts a lot of vacationers again and again.
2. Nangartas Falls: Nangartas is a dazzling waterfalls where water streams from an altitude of more than 40 feet into a thin gorge. The astonishing sound of overwhelming pour of water during rainy season is an unique experience in itself.
3. Hiranyakeshi: The Hiranya Keshi Temple located by the river site of the Hiranya Keshi River is a religious spot devoted to Goddess Parvati who is affectionately called Hiranya Keshi. The holy place additionally houses an idol of Lord Shiva, Goddess Parvati’s spouse. It is a perfect spot to enjoy some angling activities or just ponder.
4. The Madhavgad Fort: Madhavgarh Fort in the city of Amboli is a stunning fortress which offers enchanting perspective atop. The current condition of the fort is not very good and the size of fortress is four times the size of the royal palace fortification in Pune that passes by the name of Shaniwarwad.
5. Shirgaonkar Point: Amboli’s major vacation spot, Shirgaonkar Point is particularly justified regardless of a visit during the rainy season when the air is cooler and purer and the encompassing greenery are reviving. There is a Shankar and Devi Temple in close nearness to this point.
Some other great attraction includes: Kavleshpoint, Maruti Mandir, Sunset Point etc.
Best Season to Visit: October and February