Auli, also called Auli Bugyal, is an exciting ski destination and listed among the top skiing destinations on the globe. Settled in the Garhwal Himalayan range in the midst of enchanting surroundings, the hill station of Auli at a height of 2800 meters above sea level boasts stunning view of oak-fringed inclines and fascinating thick coniferous backwoods. Suitably called as the paradise for skiing enthusiasts, this hill resort is swung to be the main vacationer destination where skiing is the most popular activity.
Activities: Skiing and Trekking
Best Places to Visit:
1. Auli Artificial Lake: Among the world’s largest man-made lake, the Auli artificial lake was built by the Government in an order to create virtual snow during the time of low snowfall. This spot is very famous in the vicinity and explored by every tourist who come here at Auli for vacations.
2. Winter Ski Resort: Winter Ski Resort with the best laden slopes provides the experience of International skiing and attracts a huge number of tourist again and again.
3. Joshimath: Joshimath is a center point of religious importance and has a few old temples dating from the eighth century. Highly revered by Hindus, Joshimath is a spot where huge number of devotees and pilgrims come to offer their requests to God.
4. Gurso Bugyal: At an elevation of 3056 above the sea level, Gurso Bugyal is a big place that is known for green fields surrounded by oak trees and coniferous forest. This place is very popular among trekkers and known worldwide for its scenic and picturesque landscapes.
5. Nanda Devi National Park: Nanda Devi National Park is an UNESCO World Heritage Site known for its lush vegetation and for some unique and rare endangered species of wild creatures. The national park is a favorite tourist and trekkers destination and is one of the most major park found in the nation.
Some other major attraction of the city includes: Bhavishya Badri, Chenab Lake, , Saildhar Tapovan, Vanshinarayan Kalpeshwar, Chattarkund etc.
Best Time To Visit: Last November to last march in these month the mountain covered with snow.