Binsar is a little pleasant hamlet perched at a height of 2420 meters above the sea level and is a perfect destination for adventure enthusiasts, nature darlings and for journalists. Used to be the summer capital of erstwhile Chand rulers, Binsar offers a magnificent view of the snow capped Himalayan range. Binsar attracts vacationers from all around the globe to spend holidays leisurely in the midst of quiet environs.
Activities: Trekking, Nature Walks, Wildlife viewing and Bird watching.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Bineshwar Mahadev Temple: Bineshwar Mahadev Temple is an antiquated monument of historical as well as religious importance. The town was additionally named onto the name of this temple and presents a fine example of architectural greatness. Built in sixteenth century, Binsar Mahadev Temple is a perfect stoppage amid an excursion to Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary.
2. Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary: Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary at an height ranging between 900 to 2500 meters was established in 1988 as a forest reserve. Earlier, it was the summer capital of Chand kings and known for its panoramic view of sunrise and sunset. The Sanctuary boasts a wide variety of rich flora and fauna and is home to several endangered species.
3. Khali Estate: Khali Estate is among the best places located in the region which offers some great scenes of Himalayan range. In the early 1856 to 1884, Khali Estate was used to be the home of Sir Henry Ramsay who was the commissioner of Kumaon region and today is an ideal spot to capture some beautiful moments.
4. Pariyadeva Pashan: Established during the early Megalithic period, Priyadeva Pashan is a scenic vantage point and is an important archaeological site with stone bearing cup marks located on the Almora-Binsar route. This place is a recommended spot to every visitor of Binsar.
5. Binsar Zero Point: Zero Point is one of the most wonderful spots located within the Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary. This point offers some great view of Himalayan ranges along with greenery all around.
Some other tousrist attraction includes: Mary Budden Estate, Binsar Sanctuary Museum, Kasar Devi Temple, Koshi River, Vivekanand Meditation Cave etc.
Best Time To Visit: April to June and again from September to November