Imphal Hill Station
Surrounded by green fields and hills, Imphal is a standout amongst the most picturesque cities found at the center of lovely Manipur valley. This captivating hill station offers some of the major tourist destinations of India and mirrors the pervasive rich culture and traditions in the state. Sprawling fields, thick forests and dazzling view all around makes this hill station even more popular.
Activities: Trekking, Boating etc.
Best Places to Visit in Imphal:
1. Andro: Situated at the east of Imphal, the little village of Andro is prevalently known for its beuatiful pottery and is home to the famous Andro Gramshang Museum. This historical center boasts diverse assortments of conventional pots namely Pudond Makhong, Wacom, Ngangkha and Yukhum.
2. Leimapokpam Keirungba Temple: Leimapokpam Keirungba Temple, located near office of Manipur State Road Transport Corporation holds high religious significance. The temple was built in the year of 1875 and is made up of bricks in form of a sqaure cube structure.
3. Keibul Lamjao National Park: Loktak Lake is the only floating national park on the globe and pulls numerous sightseers again and again. On the Loktak Lake is the last natural habitat of the Sangai, the dancing deer of Manipur. For wildlife enthusiasts and nature lovers, the glimpse of the deer in this unique wetland ecosystem is must a visit.
4. Moraing: Moraing is a small hamlet located in Bishnupur District and is popular for its vast history and additionally cultural celebrations. The great freedom fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose began his battle from this town and hoisted the flag on April 14, 1944. Today, Moiraing is a well known attractions among the travelers.
5. Kangla Fort: Kangla Fort, located on the bank of River Imphal refers to an old language Meitei which means ‘dry land’. The Fort is called as the ‘Palace of Kangla’ and is one of the major tourist attractions on the vicinity.
Some other great places to visit here are: Lord Krishna Temple, Manipur State Museum, Manipur Zoological Garden, Shree Shree Govindajee Temple, Loktak Lake etc.
Best Season to Visit: October to March