Jawhar is a scenic hill station known for its beautiful setting and a lively social legacy. Additionally called as Mahabaleshwar of Thane, Jawhar is situated at a tallness of 518 m and offers wonderful atmosphere and picturesque excellence. Like other prevalent traveler destinations in the nation, Jawhar additionally brags of solid social ethos and history dating back to fourteenth century. Jawhar is one among the very few tribal kingdoms in Maharashtra and is celebrated for its dynamic Warli sketches that are a trademark point of interest of this spot.
Activities: Trekking, Shopping and many more.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Jai Vilas Palace: Jai Vilas Palace is a pink color masterpiece constructed by Raje Yashwantrao Mukne used to be the private palace of the rulers of Munke family. Situated on the hill top, this royal residence is otherwise called Raj Bari and has likewise been utilized for a few film shootings because of its unique structural designing. There is a delightful garden with a thick forests such as foliage, having trees of cashew nut everywhere.
2. Dabdaba Falls: Covered with thick woodlands, Dabdaba Falls is a standout amongst the most famous visitor spots in Jawhar. The falling water tumbling from an incredible stature offers a stunning background.
3. Sunset Point: The Sunset point is amongst the major vacationers spot in the locale with a captivating natural setting. This spot is extremely popular for its delightful surroundings and hypnotizing sunset view. It is a heaven for nature darlings.
4. Shirpamal: Shirpamal is a well known antiquated site of historical significance dating back to third century and belongs to Chhatrapati Shivaji who was the brave emperor of Maratha Kingdom.
5. Hanuman Point: Hanuman Point is one of the most beautiful places which was named after the Lord Hanuman who is believed to be rested here on his way to Lanka. The amazing surroundings and lush greenery adds to the beauty of this beautiful hill spot.
Some other great attractions to visit are: Bhopatgad Fort, Jai Sagar Dam, Khadkhad Dam, Kalmandvi Waterfall etc.
Best Season to Visit: Throughout the year