Kausani at an elevation of 1890 meters above the sea level is a beautiful hill station situated in the midst of thick pine trees. Kausani offers a wide view of stupendous 300 km wide perspective of the Himalayas. Sitting above Someshwar valley on one side and Garud and Baijnath Katyuri valley on the other, Kausani is honored with great excellence and amazingly wonderful environment.
Activities: Trekking and Nature Walks
Best Places to Visit:
1. Tea Gardens: Kausani is renowned for its Tea Gardens and Pear Orchards. There are various tea estates situated within the town. Amongst renowned tea gardens, Girias Uttaranchal Tea Estate at a height of 1200 to 1800 meters above the sea level is being produced as a tea-base for the whole state.
2. Anasakti Ashram: Anashakti Ashram is a serene spot where Mahatma Gabdhi spent a couple of days of his life and composed his commentary on Anashakti Yog, called ‘Geeta-Anashakti-Yog’. Some memorable items related to Mahatma Gandhi are been kept here alongwith spinning wheel (Charkha). For books lovers, there is a little library where one can find the books on Gandhian philosophy. There is an accommodation facility of 300 people. People from far away come here to attend evening prayer which held every evening at the main hall.
3. Pant Museum: Pant Museum, named after Sumitra Nandan Pant, is a popular place showcasing the articles, awards, poems, letters and many other things which are related to Sumitra Nandan Pant.
4. Lakshmi Aashram: In 1948, Catherine Hillman who was the pupil of Mahatma Gandhi and who later renowned as Sarlaben, found Lakshmi Ashram which is an educational institute prevalently known as Sarla Ashram. It is a place where women from rural regions to solve their personal problems and for rehabilitate comes here. Lakshmi Ashram also act as a base station for voluntary work.
5. Rudradhari Falls and Caves: Rudradhari Falls and Caves is a scenic spot located in the midst of paddy field, dense pine forests and hilly farms. From here the view of encompassing region is breathtakingly beautiful.
Some other tourist attractions are: Baijnath Temple, Someshwar, Kot Bhramari Temple, Pinnath, Plannet Snow etc.
Best Time To Visit: April to June and September to November