Lansdowne is a standout amongst the most stunning hill stations in the Garhwal region popular all over the world for its incapacitating excellence and astonishing charm. At an altitude of 1700 meters above the sea level, this beautiful hill station was named after Lord Lansdowne who was the Viceroy of India in between 1888 to 1894. Currently, the Garhwal Rifles division of Indian Army has commanded office in this region. Along with it, this hill station treasured as a paradise of romance and scenic beauty for Nature lovers and honeymooners.
Activities: Trekking, Bird watching, Wildlife sighting, Hiking and Nature Walks.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Bhulla Tal: Bhulla Tal is an artificial man made lake dedicated to the armed force of the Garhwalo Rifles. Literally, the word Bhulla stands for younger brother. It is an ideal spot for picnics, hangout and for an excursion tour. The natural surroundings, pleasant weather and the various water sport activities attracts vacationers again and again.
2. Tip-In-Top: Tip-In-Top, also known as Tiffin Top, is a scenic spot located on a ridge and is a famous spot to get the enchanting view of magnificent snow covered mountains and Tibetan regions.
3. St Mary Church: Built in 1896 by Colonel AHB Hume, St. Mary Church is a place of historical importance and known for its beautifully designed architecture which is a feast to eyes.
4. Regimental Museum: Introduced in the year 1983, Regimental Museum is a motivational Hall which was named after Darwan Singh Negi who was the first person to receive the Victoria Cross for his bravery. The Museum boasts various antique item related to Garhwali Rifles.
5. Kanvashram: Surrounded by dense forests and hilly areas, Kanvashram is amongst the major vacationer spots found in the region. It is a perfect place to meditate and also provide accommodation facilities. It is a must visit place while at Lansdowne.
Some other attractions are: Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Centenary Gate, darwan singh sangrahalaya, Bhim Pakora etc.
Best Time To visit: March to June