Mirik at a height of 1495 meters is a popular hill station in the midst various tea gardens and beautiful orchards. Known for the production of Orange in abundance, Mirik boasts an extraordinary pleasant climate with peace and tranquility everywhere. The natural beauty and scenery of this place is very hard to define in words, as it penetrates deeply into heart and makes one feel like that they are in heaven. For those who are in search to relax away from the buzzing of the city into the lap of nature, it is a perfect getaway.
Activities to do in Mirik:
- Bird Watching
- Horse Riding etc.
Best Places to Visit in Mirik Hill Station:
1. Sumendu Lake: Sumendu Lake is the life line of Mirik town. It is perfect place to enjoy picnic with family and friends. Facilities like boating and horse riding are also available at the lake.
2. Devi Sthan: Devi Stan is a place of religious importance which attracts many devotees towards its serene environment. This place is dedicated to Goddess Singha Devi. Besides this, it is also a famous tourist spot.
3. Kawlay Dara: It is an enchanting spot which offers marvelous view of mountains and plains. The view of Sunrise and sunset from here is a feast to eyes.
4. Deosi Dara: Deosi Dara is an observatory point which is known all over the nation for the alluring view of hills, plains and peaks. It is amongst the popular tourist spots at Mirik and attracts numerous tourist.
5. Rameetay Dara: Ramitey Dara is an another vantage point which offers wonderful view of snow-capped mountains, Teesta River and the fields of Mirik. It is a most loved spot for the shooting of different Bollywood movies. It is an ideal spot to unwind and take a chill in the cool wind here.
Some other tourist destinations here are: Bokar Ngedon Chokhor Ling Monastery, Rai Dhap, Orange orchards, Cardamom plantations, Tea estates etc.
Best Time to Visit: March to mid June and September to December