Mount Abu, otherwise called the Summer Capital of Rajasthan, is home to several lakes, stunning waterfalls, green forests, pleasant hills and unending natural beauty. Likewise alluded as ‘an oasis in the desert’, the hill station of Mount Abu is located on the state’s most noteworthy mountain in the midst of rich green timberlands. The wonderful atmosphere, rich verdure and everlasting eminence makes Mount Abu a reviving getaway.
Activities: Hiking, Trekking and Boating.
Best Places To Visit:
1. Dilwara Jain Temples: Dilwara Jain Temples is a standout amongst the most conspicuous attractions found in the area. The temple houses five temples of Dilwara namely Vimal Vasahi, Luna Vasahi, Pithalhar, Khartar Vasahi, and Mahavir Swami which has its own stories to tell. Featuring some of the India’s finest temple beautification, the temples of Dilwara is an unquestionable requirement visit destination during an excursion to Mount Abu.
2. Nakki Lake: Nakki Lake, known to be an ancient and sacrosanct lake, is among the most well known attractions situated in Mount Abu. The lake is the biggest artificial lake at the height of 1100 meters and also called as the romantic lake. Well known as mahatma Gandhi’s ashes were inundated here prompting the development of Gandhi Ghat, which is likewise a famous ancient monument situated here.
3. Guru Shikar: Guru Shikar, the most noteworthy point in Mount Abu and the most noteworthy point in Aravali mountain range, is a flawless spot to get stunning view of the entire area. The site is likewise known for its Guru Dattatreya temple.
4. Sunset Point: Sunset Point situated close to Nakki Lake is known for the excellent view of the entire mountain valley along with the Nakki Lake. The Point is a popular tourist spot among vacationers.
5. Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary: Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is spread over a total region of around 290 sq kms, covering the bumpy locales and forest regions of Mount Abu. The Sanctuary is home to more than 250 uncommon and imperiled types of wild and feathered creature animals. Houses the most noteworthy mountain top of Guru Shikhar, the Mount Abu Wildlife Sanctuary is worth a visit.
Some other major attractions in the city includes: Adhar Devi, Achalgarh, Trevor’s Tank, Abu Road etc.
Best Time To Visit: February-June and September-December