Mukteshwar at a height of 2286 meters above the sea level is a grand hill town situated amidst Garhwal mountains. Encompassed by deciduous forests and lush green forests, it is home to a rare species of Himalayan ruby throat, black winged kite, white-peaked laughing thrush, red-billed leiothrix and other mountains birds. Mukteshwar is a heaven for bird lovers. The spot gets it name from Lord Shiva. Mukteshwar being a traveler destination, the spot is likewise an understood journey spot.
Activities: Trekking, Rock-climbing, Rappelling, Long pitch and Artificial climbing.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Mukteshwar Temple: Mukteshwar Temple, otherwise called Mukteshwar Dham, is a place of religious importance on the highest point of a hillock which offers summoning vista of the entire beautiful valley. The town itself got its name on the name of this sacred temple. Visitors and devotees from distant places come here to offer their requests to God.
2. Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI): Built in 1893, Indian Veterinary Research Institute plays an important role in the improvement of veterinary sciences in India. Here,high end research on animal nutrition, sustenance, hereditary qualities and bacteriology are done by highly sophisticated specialists.
3. Chauthi Ki Jaali: Situated on a cliff, Chauthi Ki Jaali is a beautiful place renowned for offering enchanting view of entire Kumaon region. Surrounded by lush greenery and numerous rocks, this place is believed to be a blessing for those ladies who are not able to produce babies.
4. Sitla: Sitla an an altitude of 7000 feet above the sea level is amongst the most popular tourist attractions found in the region. For those who are in search of peace and tranquility, this place is a perfect destination to visit and enjoy the enchanting view of mountain ranges along with the touch of nature.
5. Mukteshwar Inspection Bungalow: Mukteshwar Inspection Bungalow, also known as KMVN rest house, is a rest house maintained by Kumaon Mandal Vikas Nigam. The Bungalow is located near by Shiva Temple built during the rule of British.
Some other tourist attractions are: Ramgarh, Peora, Brahmeswara Temple etc.
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year