Pauri is amongst the blessed hill stations offering the beat view of snow capped Himalayas, sparkling rivers, thick forests and picturesque valleys. At a height of 1814 m above sea-level, Pauri is perfect place for those who are in search of peace and tranquility. The kind hospitality and rich culture attracts tourist from all around the nation.
Activities: Trekking, paragliding, Moonlight Trekking, Cycling, Jungle Camping, Wildlife Adventure, Aero- sports, Angling, Rock-climbing, Rafting etc.
Best Places to Visit:
1. Khirsu: Situated at a height of 1700 meters above the sea level, Khirsu is a little hamlet surrounded by Oak and Deodar trees and provides panoramic view of enchanted Himalayas peaks and cliffs.
2. Kandolia: The Shiva temple, popularly renowned as Kandolia Devta, is located close to Pauri. Covered with trees of Oak and Pine, Kandoliya is a must visit destination to explore once during the trip to Pauri.
3. The Chaukhamba Viewpoint: The Chaukhamba Viewpoint is mostly visited destination for its beautiful landscapes and picturesque scenery. The spot offers delighted view of Himalayan peaks and glaciers. Surrounded by Oak and Rhododendron trees, it is a favorite spots for nature lovers.
4. Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev: Dating back to 8th century, the Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev temple is an ancient temple of Lord Shiva which was established by Adi Shankaracharya onto his visit to this town. There is situated an idol of Nandi and a Shiva Lingam along with a drum.
5. Adwani: Adwani village provide sites for picnics, which is located at a distance of 17 km from Pauri. The place is connected to the main town of Pauri with motorable road.
Best Time To Visit: March to November