Tehri Garhwal is one of the largest district in Uttarakhand state formed by the combination of two district names as Tehri and Garhwal. It is a scenic hill town located in the foothills of Himalayan mountain range. Considered to be one of the holiest places in state, the rich cultural diversity and socialism are still preserved in the city hospitality due to lack of easy communications.
Activities: Trekking, River Rafting, Rock Climbing and many more.
Best Places to Visit Tehri Garhwal:
1. Tehri Dam: Tehri Dam is amongst the largest and highest dams found in Asia. The site is also one of the world’s largest hydroelectric projects which uses the water of Bhagirathi and Bhilangana Rivers. Beside this, the spot also offers great opportunities to adventure enthusiasts.
2. Chamba: Located at an altitude of 1676 meters, Chamba is a little hamlet which provides various magnificent view of snow capped Himalayas ranges and splendid view of Bhagirathi river. It is also popular for its charming orchards.
3. Badrinath: Badrinath is the major tourist as well as a holy place of religious importance. Named onto the temple of Hindu deity Badrinath, It is one of the major Char Dham pilgrimage destinations namely Gangotri, Yamunotri and Kedarnath. The enchanting view of surrounding areas from here mesmerize every one of its visitor.
4. Sem Mukhem Temple: Devoted to Nag Raja, the Sem Mukhem Temple is a holy destination situated at a height of 2903 meters above the sea level and attracts huge number of pilgrims from distant places.
5. Devaprayag: Devprayag is an another major pilgrimage spot which mirrors the myths, culture and traditions and is the meeting point of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda River which is river Ganga. It is similar to the Prayag of Allahabad. Every month, innumerable pilgrims, devotees and tourist comes here to take a holy dip into the river and to offer their prayers at the temples which are situated here.
Some other tourist attractions in Tehri Garhwal are: Surkanda Devi, Kanatal, Narendranagar, Ghuttu, Khatling Glacier, Chandrabadani, Buda Kedar Temple, Nagtibba etc.
Best Time To Visit: Throughout the year