Yelagiri is among the most popular hill stations located in the midst of four mountains at an elevation of 1410 meters. This hill station is known for its peaceful environment and is an impeccable spot to spend vacations away from the buzzing of the city at such a calm and serene surroundings that are exceptionally lovely. A popular site among adventure enthusiasts, Yelagiri boasts 14 hamlets and various temples spread more than a few hills. For nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts, Yelagiri has much to offer likely trekking and many more.
Activities: Trekking, Para Gliding and Rock Climbing
Best Places to Visit:
1. Punganoor Artificial Lake-cum-Park: Punganoor Artificial Lake-cum-Park as the name represents is a lake cum park. It is one of the most famous attractions found in the region. This artificial lake along with the adjoining park is a popular picnic and hangout spot.
2. Jalagamparai Waterfalls: Jalagamparai Waterfalls is an another stunning attraction popular for the its sparkling water. Fed by River Attaru which makes its way through the meandering hills of Yelagiri, this waterfalls is a popular tourist stop.
3. Velvan Temple: Velavan Temple is a sacred as well as tourist place located on the top of hillock. Devoted to Lord Murugan, this temple offers amazing of the picturesque landscape lies below.
4. Swamimalai: The most astounding point and the most prevalent trek around Yelagiri. The Swamimalai sanctuary is situated on top at an altitude of 4,338 feet and offers dazzling perspectives of the countryside.
5. Nature Park: Nature Park is a picturesque place to enjoy leisure time with family and freinds. Spread oer an area of 12 acres, the Nature Park boasts bamboo house, lush garden, poly house and various other attractive things.
Some other major attractions here includes: Jalagandeeswarar Temple etc.
Best Season to Visit: November to February