In upcoming vacation, you are planning a trip to golden cities of India. Book online golden triangle tour packages to cover beautiful destination of Delhi, Jaipur and Agra city. Also keep in mind “how to save yourself from pickpockets”. Please be alert when you walk along the long corridor extending from the Taj Mahal electric bus parking bay to the security checkpoint at the main entrance. A group of boys holding hands suddenly swarm the unwary tourist. Pick pocketing is a very old crime that is continually being reinvented. Our tourist guide warned not to hold any items on offer from touts and even he had a fearful expression on his face. I had my hands in my pockets all the time so no big deal, lessons that I learnt in my years in Indonesia. The exterior decorations of the Taj Mahal are among the finest in Mughal architecture.
So In Summary –
Pick pocketing is a form of larceny that involves the stealing of money from the person of a victim without them noticing the theft at the time.
- Leave your valuable at a safe place before approaching this area.
- The pickpockets are only 10 - 13 years but are pros…. as soon as they swarm a tourist...in 30 seconds they waste and are not too been seen , till of course, they regroup latter for another strike.
- Pick pocketing skills are employed by some magicians as a form of entertainment, either by taking an item from a witness or by returning it without them knowing they had lost it.
- Interesting to watch them in action if you don't have anything in your pockets.
How To Protecting Yourself ?
- If someone bumps into you, do a check chances are he has fanned you.
- Go through your wallet before travelling and remove unnecessary items, such as local ID cards, diverging licenses.
- In a cafe, don't hang your bag from the back of your chair where you can't see it. Don't put it on the floor where you can't see it. If you hang your coat on your chair, make sure your wallet is not in it.