The Taj Mahal is located in Agra. There are various rules which are to be followed by visitors. Before you know about the rules, it is more important to know the reasons behind setting up such strict rules and regulations on Taj Mahal tour from Delhi. Taj Mahal was built in the 17th century. It is such a long duration for a monument made up of marble to stand erect. The major contribution is the foundation which is made up of timber and it lies in water supplied by the river Yamuna. The Taj Mahal is a cultural heritage. It is a wonder of the world. Its color has become little yellowish because of pollution. It is not made up of concrete, cement; it is made up of ivory white marble.
Security of the Taj Mahal
There is very tight security near the Taj Mahal. There are many rules which are to be followed in order to maintain the cleanliness and hygiene at the Taj Mahal. Taj Mahal is a mosque; therefore, it is very important that the Taj Mahal is not treated as a picnic spot but as a holy place.
1. You may be requested to show your government-issued photo IDs such as passport, driving license, PAN card, etc. at the time of entry in the Taj Mahal.
2. You are not allowed to take any kind of Indoor games like cards, Snakes and Ladders, Ludo, etc. or any kind of bats, balls, rackets, etc. which are used in outdoor games.
3. No arms and ammunition, smoking items, headphones, food items, chewing gums, knives, electric goods (except for the camera), wires, mobile chargers, tripods, laptops, MP3 music players, flashlights, etc are allowed inside the Taj Mahal complex.
4. However, mobile phones may be taken inside provided you switch them off and your guide is responsible for it. But mobile phones are completely banned in case you want to view the Taj Mahal at night from the garden. There are lockers which are available at the Gates to keep your belongings. You are highly requested to co-operate with them by taking your luggage ticket like any ordinary visitor. There are no VIPs.
5. You are also not allowed to take any kind of books inside the monument. The best would be taking a small bag with the least number of belongings in it.
6. You may be asked for some kind of money for taking the video camera inside. This is a rule by the government. It is better that you cooperate and not argue with the security guards.
7. God may ask you do not make a lot of noise inside the main monument because it is ultimately a mosque, where there must be silence. Kindly follow.
8. Nobody is allowed to take anything inside the monument which may cause any kind of litter; in case there is anything with you that you need to throw, please use the dustbin and help in keeping it clean.
9. Please avoid touching the walls of the Taj Mahal from the inside or if you try to touch them; do it delicately and carefully. Please do not try to harm the walls by scratching or trying to remove anything. If you are caught red-handed while doing so, you may be given a legal punishment.
10. Guides are very important for any kind of journey. It is advisable to take a good value entering the Taj Mahal, who will help you reach at the right place at the right time and get your journey completed within time. There is approved guide by the government oh they become guides buy some kind of certification. Do not just take any local person as your guide. It is not possible to go to every area of the Taj Mahal randomly. There are some areas which are restricted inside the Taj complex. Therefore, it is very important to take a certified guide. You may take the guide available at the ASI ticket counter only.
11. It is allowed for the visitors to carry a water bottle. But the water bottle should not be too big. It should be of a half-litre only. It is definitely acceptable to drink a lot of water in a day, but it is not necessary that you drink the entire water only during your visit to the Taj Mahal. So just take a half litre water bottle.
12. There are wheelchairs for the disabled persons and all the necessary arrangements which may be required. However, one has to make some payment for it. When you ask for money, please pay for it without arguing or negotiating.
13. The Taj Mahal is a mosque and not a picnic spot. Therefore, it is advised to wear clothes that one wears to a religious place instead of wearing night party clothes. Get yourself dressed well and have a peaceful and happy visit to the Taj Mahal. Consider yourself lucky that you got such a great opportunity. You may visit the Taj Mahal on golden triangle India tour package also.